The new season of Call of Duty: Warzone not only brings a new map into the game, but also introduces far-reaching innovations for the weapons and perks of the Battle Royale title.
We have compiled an overview of everything you need to know about what awaits you with Season 4 – Mercenaries of Fortune!
New map: Fortunes Keep
The new map in the game is called Fortunes Keep and is located between the maps Caldera and Rebirth Island. The style is clearly adapted to that of Caldera and is reminiscent of an island in the style of Italy or Spain.
Unlike Rebirth Island, the map has many buildings, tunnels and hidden passages, some of which are very branched out – and the individual areas offer a wide variety of battlefields, from a small town with narrow passages to a mangrove grotto and a large winery.
During a round on Fortunes Keep, there are some new events and circumstances that mix up the gameplay a bit.
For example, you can stop AI units from extracting money and collect it yourself, unlock certain black market buy stations that give you access to unique items – including a Sequencer Grenade (visual disorientation) or a Nebula V minigun.
Or grab (loot) a shovel and dig for gold yourself at marked locations, which you can use to pay for your equipment to win.
However, there are also some general innovations in the game that can significantly affect the gameplay:
- New vehicle: armored SUV – Replaces the armored trucks, available as a reward for sabotage missions
- New Interaction: Broken ATMs – During a round, you can visit broken ATMs that spit out a fixed amount of money at regular intervals.
- Portable Redeploy Balloon – (appears later in the season).
New weapons & equipment
Of course, a new season can’t be without a few new guns and other toys:
- New Equipment – EMP Grenade: This grenade briefly turns off the HUD and disables vehicles.
- New weapon – UGM-8: A light machine gun that is quite mobile for its weapon class
- New weapon – Marco 5: A mobile submachine gun that can be played as the first main weapon in Akimbo mode
A large number of weapons in Warzone have been adjusted, improved or worsened with the start of the new season – and this list would go beyond the scope here.
Instead, we link you to the handy overview from our colleagues at Warzone Loadout:
NERFS / BUFFS – Season 4
Just a quick Tweet to group the first 4 charts i created!
AR, SMG, LMG, Marksman, Pistols!
Next: Snipers, Melee, Launchers! pic.twitter.com/VQPtwyLYUp
— Warzone Loadout (@Warzone_Loadout) June 22, 2022
A big factor in the loadouts in Call of Duty: Warzone are the so-called Perks, abilities that give you certain bonuses.
With the start of Season 4, there are some weighty changes here that could see some perks rise from barely used to truly useful:
- Battle Hardened: Resistance to stun and stun grenades increased from 40% to 70%.
- Scavenger: Grants an additional $500 from each loot bag on a kill.
- Hardline: Now grants 25% on all items at the buy station, including loadout markers.
Quality of Life Improvements
The season update also addresses some rather annoying circumstances in the game and improves several features and user interface options:
- Gas Mask Animation: the animation will no longer interrupt you while you are pulling a parachute.
- Buy Station: Players can set the options to stay in the menu after a purchase (to buy multiple things).
- Buy Station: A number now shows which items you already own (example: gas mask ).
- Firesale Event: Cost reduction now applies to the loadout marker, but self-revive injections now cost a small amount.
- Out of Map Timer: Time increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds to get back into the map.
New Battle Pass
Of course, a new season also means that there is a new Battle Pass. In this one there are again some nice skins dedicated to the “Mercenaries of Fortune” theme.
You can also unlock both weapons through it.